Victorian women can build specialist skills to make their mark in the sport and active recreation sector, as part of the Change Our Game Professional Development Scholarships Program.
The program will support women throughout leadership roles in different career stages as per the following:
- New to the workforce or returning from a career break
- Aspiring to become a CEO or senior executive
- Current senior executives, and
- New or aspiring board directors
With grants available up to $5,000 and $10,000 to complete professional development courses, there is no shortage in career possibilities through four different streams.
There are four streams, each designed to teach industry skills:
- Access specialist skill development, specific to the candidate’s paid role in the sector.
Next Generation Leaders Stream:
- Access to a leading career coach, on an individual and group basis, to develop the pathway, skills and techniques to become a CEO or senior executive leader.
- Access development in technical skill areas such as strategy, negotiation, change management, accounting & finance.
- Access to a high quality governance program relevant to sporting boards
Ballarat resident Shenae Keleher took part in last year’s 2022-23 Change Our Game Professional Development Scholarships Program in the Next Generation Leaders Stream. She has since been promoted to Chief Executive Officer at FedUni WestVic Academy of Sport.
“The time spent working with my career coach has been immediately impactful, empowering and supportive, which I feel has provided me with the skills for swift professional growth. I’ve described the program to peers as ‘a psychologist for your career, a really great guiding hand’. Connecting with fellow women in our local sporting industry has been invaluable and created a supportive network,” she stated.
Since 2018, the Office for Women in Sport and Recreation has helped 553 participants through Change Our Game professional development programs, including 97 participants in last year’s first Professional Development Scholarships Program.
Individuals and organisations can go for their preferred program stream, with all applications closing at 5pm AEST on Monday 28 August 2023.