The Federal Government’s Growing Regions Program is available from July 5, 2023 for community-focused infrastructure projects throughout rural and regional areas of Australia.
Round 1 of the grant can deliver up to a maximum of $15,000,000 over three years to deliver community infrastructure projects. It will drive community and economic benefits through the improvements of amenities and liveability.
Growing Regions Program Round 1 will be delivered through a two-stage selection process.
The first step is to submit an Expression of Interest at Stage 1 and if successful, you will be invited to submit a full application at Stage 2 from November.
The objectives of this program are:
- Constructing or upgrading community infrastructure that fills an identified gap or need for community infrastructure
- Contributing to achieving a wide range of community socio-economic outcomes.
- Is strategically aligned with regional priorities.
The intended outcomes of this program are:
- Delivery of community-focused infrastructure which contributes to local and regional priorities
- Provision of infrastructure which benefits the community by improving equity and supports diverse social inclusion
- To contribute to the achievement of broader Government priorities such as net zero emissions, gender equity, and/or First Nations priorities
- Growing local economies and enhancing amenity and liveability in the regions.
To see if you are eligible and to apply, click here.