Grants can be used for Victorian universities to undertake projects aimed at improving the environment for women and girls in sport and active recreation.
Made possible by the Office for Women in Sport and Recreation (OWSR), it reflects the Victorian Government’s commitment to provide welcoming and inclusive sport and recreation environments, promoting health and wellbeing and boosting research throughout the state.
For the 2022-23 Program, eligible applicants can submit applications for projects within two streams.
For each, the OWSR has identified key areas of interest that are listed below. Applicants can nominate themes not listed, to be considered for their relevance.
Stream 1 – Community sport and active recreation
- Fair access to community facilities
- Taking an intersectional approach
- Women in leadership roles in community sport
- Adolescent girls’ participation in organised sport
Stream 2 – Sport leadership
- Women in sports media
- Gender equity in the sport job market
- Men as allies in gender equity
To be eligible for funding from the Program, the applicant must be a Victorian university.
- be submitted by a person employed by a Victorian university, with authority to submit the application on behalf of the Victorian university;
- to be conducted by a proposed research team led by at least one Victoria-based lead researcher;
- include at least one Victoria-based early career researcher in the proposed research team;
- undertake the funded research project predominately in Victoria.
To submit an application, visit the Change Our Game website
Applications close at 5pm AEST, Monday April 17 2023.